Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Where's My Mojo?

I've apparently come off my runner's high from last week. I actually fell off of it with a thud, and haven't run since that fateful Thursday. Eek! It's been hard the past few days though. Life got in the way.


I haven't really done that badly in the food department. However, since Saturday afternoon, I've had a sick little Sweet P, and we're finally all recovered from what we found out to be her first sinus infection. JOY! I just didn't think sinus infections could take it out of a child the way it did.

Doesn't she look pitiful? :(

But anyway. I'm trying to get back on a positive note with my quest for health here. Scheduling has been rather difficult because hubby started his new job on Monday, and we're trying to figure out what his schedule is going to be going forward. No matter what though, I'm just thankful he got the job and doesn't hate it :)

Anyway, all that said... I have a confession. I cancelled my Weight Watchers subscription. Not because I don't believe in the program, but for financial reasons. I still have a membership through the end of March, and can choose to restart it if I can afford it. However, I have friends who have told me to really commit to the (FREE) My Fitness Pal app, and you can have the same benefits - just no meetings. I'm frustrated, mainly with myself, because I give up on myself before really giving myself to chance to succeed. However, this isn't me quitting by any means. I'm just in need of doing something without having to pay the monthly membership fee right now while we're trying to balance this whole new budget we're dealing with.

Does anyone else use MFP? What are your experiences? Does anyone have any comparisons between that and Weight Watchers? Thanks all! Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. I use MFP and I love it! I had to cancel my WW subscription a couple years ago for the same reason. I LOVE MFP (add me! dramallamaduck). It reminds me a lot of the WW app. The website is awesome too.

    MFP works better if you add friends. You can give each other encouragement, advice, and cheer when they lose weight. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete