Thursday, February 21, 2013

NSV Linkup...Reality Check Time.

Time for another link up! Do I know how to even write a blog on my own anymore? Maybe. But I'm uninspired today. My NSV linkup story will explain. Hooking up with the awesome Lex & KTJ for the weekly NSV link up!

button

I'm bummed. But I'm not quitting. Nope. Not even after I busted my tail probably didn't do everything I could all week and didn't get the results I wanted. I lie to myself from time to time, saying that I do better than I actually do. It makes me feel better. I had my weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers last night, and lost a measley .2. Yes I know, I know. A loss is a loss. But after a 1 pound gain the week before, and actually working out several times and not going over my points except for one day last week...I expected more. But the truth is, while I probably didn't go over my points...I also probably wasn't taking into account some of the "extra tastes" that went on throughout the week. You know, those little "BLT's" (bites, licks & tastes) we are all guilty of? And my choices weren't the best either. So my goal this week is to focus on better food choices...and CONSCIOUSLY use my activity points (not all of them either). And monitor the BLT factor.

SO...all that to say...My NSV for this week is NOT GIVING UP. So many times in the past, I'd have back to back rotten weeks, and throw in the towel. Not this time. I'm determined to lose this weight this time. It might be slow, but it's going to happen. So anyway, that's my story about feeling less-than-inspired lately. But it's time to hop back up, brush the dirt off and keep going.

Happy Thursday people! One more day til the weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Perfect NSV, couldn't have said it better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you for not giving up! You go girl!

    -Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not giving up is probably the best NSV you can have, its the key to making all of the rest happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl I am stopping by from the link up! Not giving up is awesome! We all get frustrated and want to, but don't! Just remember why you are wanting to do this in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting!! I just followed you! If you enjoy my blog, please feel free to follow back :) Your background is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this. You have the most important NSV about not giving up. And you're right, a loss is a loss, even if it's small! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New reader from the link up. I'm the world's worst at BLTs...several of the ladies I work with bring in goodies on a daily basis, and it's way too easy to grab something on my way through our break room. And a loss is a loss, no matter how small it may be!

    -Sarah @ messofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha- Girl... I am RIGHT there with you! and am glad to have found other writers/ readers like me via this link up! I do LOVE me some BLT's... including the sandwich as well though. ;) But I understand the frustration too. All too well actually. Stay strong. This next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great that you aren't giving up! This journey certainly isn't easy and there will be many ups and downs but good for you for acknowledging what you could do better and staying committed! You got this! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for not giving up....and don't sneeze at that .2 pounds. It is better than .2 gained!

    ReplyDelete