Thursday, February 14, 2013

Non Scale Victory Link Up

Today is a PERFECT day to focus on some NSV's. Last night I had a crummy 1 pound gain weigh in. I know it's due to water retention from the weights I started incorporating over the past week. It's just a bummer :( SO glad I discovered this link up to bring me back to reality!


I had a great one today. My daughter's school had a "Pastries for Parents" event for Valentine's Day, where moms and dads could go have breakfast with their Kindergartners. There were plenty of yummies there, but I ate a veggie egg white omelette at home before we left, so I just drank a cup of OJ while Sweet P ate a muffin. *PROUD*

I worked from home yesterday, meaning I was able to watch tv in my sweats get a lot done while working ;) I actually did get a ton of things done yesterday I had been procrastinating. But my favorite part of working at home (which I do about once a week now) is being able to use my "lunch break" to take an exercise break! I went for a run (week 5, day 2 of C25K), and felt great afterwards.

Thanks Lex & KTJ for the link-up! And Happy Valentine's Day to all you love birds out there :)

14 comments:

  1. Awesome NSV! I love those moments when you have a mental NSV for picking healthy foods in a challenging situation! I'm proud of you!!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci! I bet that was hard to pass up all the yummies but you did a great job! Have a great Valentine's Day!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Traci,
    Found your blog through Lex's NSV link up.
    Congratulations on getting through the Pastries for Parents, thats some pretty full on dedication.
    Glad to following you!
    Gi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Following you as well - have a great week :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to you for resisting valentine's day pastries! That was so smart of you to eat before hand and prepare like that. Thanks for linking up and I look forward to following along on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! It definitely helped avoid a "splurge" moment since I wasn't hungry! Have an awesome week :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to have found you through the link up! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Followed you back - Looking forward to traveling the journey with you :)

      Delete
  6. Glad to have found you via the link up! New follower!

    -Sammie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey too! Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Good for you for passing up the pastries!!! That would be a huge victory for me!! I'm a sucker for pastries! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy! Especially when my cutie didn't finish her little cinnamon roll. It took an act of Congress for me to put it in the trash instead of my mouth ;) Have a great week! :)

      Delete