Monday, February 11, 2013

Slippery Slopes...

Need motivation! It's so dreary and yucky here this morning. I couldn't get out of bed. Which sucks, because I wanted to get up and run. But the rain lulled me right back to sleep. Plus I had a 4-year old's feet in my butt crack/back/thighs for the last few hours of my sleep sesh. I'm doing my best today to get back into a good routine. I don't know what has been up with me lately, but I have been so uninspired.

The truth is, it's a slippery slope. I always thought "Oh one bad meal/day won't hurt me" - On the contrary. I let myself slip for the Super Bowl, and after that, I was out of control. I get back on a few good days, then SLIP again on Saturday at dinner! I did contain myself to one and a half beers at the bar we went to with friends. It's just so hard, and I get into this "it's not fair" rut. Why wasn't I born with genes to be able to combat obesity? I wasn't at all - I have had to fight most of my life - as far back as 10 years old from what I can remember. I know now I have to fight hard for any weight loss. So it's time to just buckle down and get serious.

So last Thursday, I went for a workout at my friend's house, and was sore for 2 days! It was awesome. Saturday morning, I got up and ran day 3/week 4 of C25K. Then ALL FREAKIN' DAY was spent cleaning out my parents' basement. I'm telling you, I relived a huge portion of my childhood on Saturday. Even down to finding my old stash of Barbie dolls from the 80's! Hello, neon clothes and crimped hair! Sweet P was stoked! But my soreness level was up to a 12 by yesterday morning. But it's a good pain :)

Anyway, I'm back to truly tracking my points today, and going back to workout in the garage gym tonight! No excuses, it's time to get serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment