Friday, February 22, 2013

Runner's High? Maybe...

Yesterday's funk must have fueled me. I'm not kidding. I got home yesterday and decided I was going to go run because I had plenty of daylight left for a change. I had been slacking off and hadn't even attempted a run since last Wednesday. Seriously. I got so nervous seeing that my next day of C25K was 20 minutes straight and it wigged me out.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I set out for a little run. I decided I was going to pace myself, and not use the app to tell me when to run and when to walk. I was just going to go, and see what I could do. Not going to lie...those first 10ish minutes were brutal. I was mad at myself for being such a slack. But I pushed through. Slow. I don't really know what my pace was because my RunKeeper app was messing up. But I didn't care about the pace - I just wanted to push through. 10 minutes came and went. Kept going. 15? Well I'm this far, lets keep going. 20. 25. See ya.


30 minutes! I ran 30 minutes straight!! And I think I could have kept going but my neighbor called and left a voicemail and it freaked me out. She NEVER calls. So I got worried and stopped to return the call (it was totally unimportant). BUT - 30 mins?! Come on! And in the last 5, I had to push through a hill I've never run on before. Since my GPS on RunKeeper was sucking it up, I'm not sure the exact distance, but it was at least 2 and a quarter miles that I ran (my total said 2.77, and I had a 5 min warm up walk and 3 min cool down - but my phone rang twice during and it got it out of whack). Maybe a hair more. Who was that machine yesterday?!

Not going to lie, my legs were a little jello-ish when I got home. I stretched it out - and felt pretty good for the rest of the night. I took some aspirin before bed in case of soreness this morning. Woke up with NONE! I was shocked. The most I had run in a row before this was 8 minutes. I'm just so inspired by myself for a change. It feels good. Hopefully this is the start of something good...

4 comments:

  1. Like a boss!! Way to go on that 30 minute run!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! You are on FIRE! :) I am so far from there that even the 8 minutes sound a little scary. haha! ;) Way to rock it on the pavement!

    ReplyDelete