Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Weigh In & a Great Read

Weight Watchers weigh in was tonight. I was nervous. I haven't been nervous in a while. I was sick last week, and didn't make it there. I had a few "off plan" meals. Not going to lie. However, I've worked out A LOT over the past week. I looked on my tracker online and realized I earned 49 activity points from last Wednesday through yesterday. Impressive! Well I was up a pound. I'm giving myself a little reprieve. I've been lifting weights and I'm sore as hell. I know my body is retaining fluid. Ugh. It doesn't make it suck any less :/

On another note, I just read a GREAT blog post from one of the beauties that inspired me to start a blog, Mama Laughlin. She posted an AWESOME one today. This girl has lost an incredible amount of weight, and did it all without a gym (she's a gym-goer now, and working hard to tone and build muscle). However, her post today Dear Big Girl, brought tears to my eyes. It's so nice to think that the "skinny minnies" in the gym really aren't looking at us bigger girls with disdain. With the "I can't believe you let yourself get that large" (which is the negative self-talk I issue to myself on the regular). They're inspired by us. They're so happy for us to be taking this step in our lives. A lot of them have been here before. They've been in our shoes. Her post is related back to a Facebook post she made a few days ago about whether or not she should approach the big girl she sees regularly at the gym and tell her how impressed she is with her. I can see both sides of it - I feel like I would at first be put off, but eventually be thankful for getting that little boost.

Aaanywho. I'm so grateful for finding some of the ladies online that share their lives on their blogs. Their struggles. Their celebrations. It's so inspiring, and helps newbies like me along the way. If any of you are reading... thank you from the bottom of my skinny-girl-in-training heart.

2 comments:

  1. I got here from KTJ Weighing In. Looking forward to following your journey. I have been blogging my journey as well. I lost 40 pounds from January 2011-May 2012. Then I gained about 20 of it back. I've started fresh this year and I'm back to 34 pounds lost with about 40-45 more to go.

    Keep up the great work!

    By the way--what part of Virginia are you in? I used to live in Harrisonburg. :)

    http://www.simplyhealthymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the awesome losses! I know all about gaining after losing - I've followed you as well, and can't wait to read up!

      I'm outside of Richmond, so a little ways from H'burg. I have friends that went to JMU though!

      Delete