Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Let the games begin!

I think it's time I try my hand at this blog thing... Not really sure where I'm going to end up going with all of this, but it seems fun ;) So I guess my biggest "life event" going on now is losing weight. Hm, maybe getting rid of it is a better statement. I don't want to ever find this shit again. I'm sick of being fat. I've been that way most of my life. A brief overview...I'm a 30-year-old working wife and mom of one (adorable) five year old girl. Most of my life was spent overweight. In high school, I was an athlete, albeit a bigger girl than most on my teams, but still. I played volleyball for something to do in the winter, but softball was my life. After HS, I went to college (didn't play there, but played co-rec ball for the next 8 years), got engaged, graduated, got a job, got married...the whole nine. In 2005, I joined Weight Watchers b/c I wanted to "lose weight before having kids" - lost about 35 pounds and made Lifetime Membership status by November of '06 - and found out in Dec of 06 I was pregnant! JOY! My grandma says to me "Aw man, you just lost all that weight, too bad you're gonna gain it all back now". I know I could have ignored that, but it stayed with me...and I believed it. I didn't gain 35 pounds back. I gained more. 66 pounds I gained in my pregnancy. I ate like every meal was my last meal. SOB.

Fast forward 5 years - I've lost weight here and there - always gained it right back. I haven't stuck to any "plan" for more than about 3 months over the course of the years. So on December 26th, 2012, I walked back into a Weight Watchers meeting and took a deep breath before stepping on that scale again. It sucked. I mean it sucked ASS. 229.2 pounds. Barf. My lifetime weight goal was 146 pounds. I cannot believe I let it get to this point. But that's something I'm learning to do - let go of the past.

Old me *le sigh*


OH and as for the title of my blog..."Who ate my tiara?" I've always had a princess buried down deep under the jock and the fat... And my goal is to, by 2015, run the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Disney World! I'm on week 4 of the C25K training program... here goes nothing!

ANYWAY - fast forward again to today. As of my last weigh in, I've lost 11 pounds (down to 218.2) and 5% of my starting body weight! Yeah! The past few days have been BAD though...I feel myself slipping into old habits, and I'm ready for some accountability. Hopefully I'll find some folks out there ready to join me on this journey to lose more than 80 pounds!

Here I am - all 218 pounds of me! BAH. Here's to making this girl feel pretty again!

No comments:

Post a Comment